The Layla is a flippable mattress type that delivers sleepers two firmnesses in one, making it one of the most well-liked and cutting-edge memory foam mattresses available.
Do you want to discover which Layla mattress is best for you? Then read on for our full Layla mattress review to know all performance, including this flippable firmness.
Who Is Layla Mattress Best For?
- Combination sleepers: Layla created their hybrid mattress with comfort for back and stomach sleepers on firm side and pressure relief for side sleepers on soft side.
- Hip pains: Professional reviewers concur that side sleepers who want excellent pressure alleviation on their shoulders and hips will find the Layla mattress ideal.
- Hot sleepers: Layla mattresses feature a copper-infused memory foam layer that helps dissipate heat and circulate air-flow. This can be beneficial for individuals who tend to sleep hot and seek a cooler surface.
- Couples: The movement that can be reduced from one side of the bed is known as motion isolation that is ideal for couples.
Who Is Layla Mattress Not Recommended For?
- Classic innerspring feel: While regular innerspring mattresses have the bounce and responsiveness of traditional mattresses, Layla mattresses may not have the same contouring and pressure alleviation.
- Cooper allergies: Individuals with known allergies or sensitivities to copper may do not like Layla’s copper-infused memory foam layer inside its construction.
- Plush firm offer: While Layla mattresses design a dual-sided with two firmness levels, the firm side may not provide enough firmness level desired by those who prefer an extra firm mattress.
- Heavy sleepers: Unluckily, Layla mattress is not supportive enough for users who weigh more than 200 pounds.
Read more: Best 12-Inch Mattress
Layla Mattress: Sizes And Prices
Customers looking for an all-foam bed have an affordable choice in the Layla memory foam mattress.
38″ x 75″
54″ x 75″
60″ x 80″
76″ x 80″
72″ x 84″
Layla Mattress: Firmness Level
Soft and firm hardness options are available on the flippable Layla mattress medium-soft on one side and medium-firm on the other.
With Layla’s mattress options, sleepers can choose from medium soft settings of 4 or firm settings of 7-8 firmness on a rating out of 10.
Read more: Lytton Mattress Review
Layla Mattress: Performance
See how we arrived at Layla’s performance below.
This mattress’s soft memory foam layers help it to isolate movements effectively. You shouldn’t be too concerned by your bedmate’s moves at night because of these excellent motion transfer outcomes. Most all-foam beds effectively insulate motion.
The comfort system’s thicker memory foam, which conforms more deeply and is less reactive than the firm side’s 1-inch layer, helped the medium-soft side isolate motion better.
The Layla hybrid features zoned support foam and copper memory foam for pressure alleviation. On the firm side, the single layer of memory foam offers more steady support but less pressure alleviation. With two hardness levels and a flippable design, the Layla mattress can support different sleepers.
Professional reviews concur that the firmer side may be more relaxed for stomach and back sleepers. Those who sleep on their side may prefer the softer side and seek pressure alleviation in their shoulders and hips.
There are 3 inches of copper gel memory foam. The polyfoam is wonderful for pressure alleviation, while the memory foam is good for hugging and contouring.
The Layla memory foam mattress allows for cooler sleep compared to many comparable all-foam beds. Because of the copper-infused memory foam layer, it has good cooling. Most sleepers will not be concerned about waking up sweaty on this mattress.
Copper aids in removing body heat and is antibacterial, limiting the growth of germs that produce odors. Even though some all-foam mattresses don’t have great airflow, this bed sleeps cooler than those made of all-foam.
However, because there is less memory foam on the firm side, cooling was allegedly poorer. Additionally, it lacks transitional foam with wavy channels, which reduces ventilation.
The Layla memory foam mattresses struggle a lot with edge support. We found severe compression that made it impossible to sit or rest on the edge of this mattress on both the firm and soft sides.
The Layla memory foam mattress had a noticeable off-gassing. The smell was strong right out of the box, but this is normal with memory foam mattresses.
However, there were no overpowering smells emanating from Layla once the off-gassing process was over.
Layla Mattress: Construction
There are 4 layers of memory foam make up the Layla memory foam mattress, which is covered in various fabrics. Since the mattress may be turned over, the arrangement of the layers depends on the firmness level you select.
Read more: Best Mattress Without Fiberglass
- The cover: It is supple and absorbent and makes it possible for the advantages of the copper gel foam below to stand out.
- The comfort layer: This layer is made out of a 3-inch section of memory foam with copper infusion.
- Transition layer: You’ll then touch down on a poly foam transition layer.
- The support foam layer: This foam in the middle of the mattress lies.
Layla Mattress: Body Type & Weight
The Layla mattress can withstand 900 pounds of weight. However, the manufacturer advises people who weigh 200 pounds or more to consider mattresses with hybrid designs of the brand.
The softer side of the Layla cushion areas should be more pleasant for light weight sleepers. Average light side sleepers should get excellent pressure alleviation on Layla’s plusher side.
Layla Mattress: Company Policy
- Warranty: Layla offers a lifetime warranty that leads the industry. Compared to other brands, this is generous. If a product has a qualifying issue, like an indentation larger than one inch, Layla will fix it or replace it.
- Trial Period: 120-night sleep trial is offered with Layla mattresses. Layla asks clients to wait two weeks before beginning the return procedure because switching to a new mattress could take some time
- Shipping/Delivery Fees: FedEx Ground will offer free shipping if you live in the contiguous United States. But, residents of Alaska and Hawaii must pay $125 and Canadian citizens must pay $225.
That concludes our Layla mattress review. The Layla mattress’s overall design suits various body shapes and sleeping preferences. Its distinctive memory foam with copper infusion should keep you relaxed and comfortable as you sleep.
We hope after reading our essay, you can discover the ideal mattress for you and your family!
- Is Layla mattress good for back pain?
Yes, the Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for back pain. The firm of the Layla mattress is excellent for stomach sleepers who require study support for the hips and appropriate spine alignment.
- How do you clean a Layla mattress cover?
We strongly advise dry cleaning it. When cleaning it, avoid using hot water. Most significantly, because there is a good potential that you will harm it, we do not advise anyone to wash it in the washing machine.
- How often do you have to rotate a Layla mattress?
We advise rotating your Layla Mattress from head to foot whenever you change your bedding or at least once a month. If your bed is made of memory foam or hybrid material, rotate it every few months to avoid pressure points.