The days of struggling to maneuver a massive mattress through tight spaces are over! Thanks to bed-in-box mattresses, this has changed entirely. But here is the burning question: Are mattresses in a box good? Well, I’ve experienced the wonders of these products. So let me provide a comparison to traditional mattresses to help you make an informed decision.
Are Mattresses In A Box Good?
The answer is yes. Boxed mattresses are easy to deliver and offer various material choices that provide better sleep quality. Besides, the long trial period is another plus.
Benefits of mattresses in a box
Boxed mattresses offer many benefits that make them an excellent choice. For example:
When you receive the mattresses, you can easily set it up yourself. All you need is to take them out of their box and lay them flat. Then, the foam can expand on its own over a day or two.
There are many material options to consider, such as latex and memory foam. These two materials are flexible to bend and fit in the boxes.
Another option is a hybrid mattress. It combines latex and memory foam. Thus, you can get benefit from both materials when buying this product.
Memory foam mattresses and latex mattresses are durable because they are sturdy and strong to withstand the impact when shipping. Thus, they can last longer.
Lengthy return policies
Companies that offer these products often have generous return policies. You can try their products at home for up to 100 days or longer.
No third party is involved in the delivery process, so you don’t have to worry about extra delivery fees as they are already included in the price.
Downsides of mattresses in a box
Despite the obvious benefits, these products also have some downsides.
- Incompatibility with the bed frame: Boxed mattresses may not be compatible with your current bed frame. Thus, remember to check their dimensions and your frame’s size to ensure they match.
- Off-gassing: The memory foam material may emit a slight smell when you open it. This off-gassing effect is not harmful, but you may find it unpleasant. Luckily, the smell usually disappears after a few days.
Mattress in a box vs traditional mattress
Boxed mattresses and traditional mattresses have their own pros and cons. There are some important things to consider when choosing the right mattress:
- Delivery: If you live in a small space with tight doorways, a boxed mattress is a more suitable option. It’s easier to bring into your house.
- Cost: Again, the boxed model is more budget-friendly. You can get a high-quality product with similar materials for a lower price compared to a traditional mattress.
- In-store availability: You can easily buy a boxed mattress online. However, it may not be comfortable for everyone because you don’t see it first. Meanwhile, you can test the traditional mattress in stores. The salespeople will help you find the best one for your sleep style.
- Unboxing: If you buy a traditional foam, you can carry it to your room and set it up. On the other hand, there is an extra step of unboxing. Moreover, you must wait for it to inflate, which takes about 24 hours.
Do Mattresses In A Box Sag?
Yes. Over time, the coils inside the foam wear out, leading to the sagging and it won’t give you as much support as it did when it was new. So, to ensure that your mattress lasts longer, you need to take good care of it. One solution is to rotate it every three to four months to help distribute the wear and tear evenly, so one part of your bed doesn’t get worn out more than the rest.
Another solution is having a proper foundation for the foam. A supportive and solid base can keep it in good shape and support your back better.
Should I Buy A Mattress In A Box?
With boxed foam, you don’t have to carry a heavy mattress yourself. It will be shipped straight to your door. So if you want hassle-free delivery, this kind of product can be right for you. Another case where you love the boxed foam is when you are on a tight budget. Since this product usually costs less than the ones you find in regular stores, it can save you money.
Moreover, mattresses with this delivery method often come in memory foam, latex, or hybrid options. If you like the comfort of these materials, go for it. However, please note that you can’t try before buying. But don’t worry! Many companies offer long trial periods, so you have time to try the product at home.
How Long Does A Mattress In A Box Last?
Most boxed mattresses can last seven to ten years. Their lifespan depends on their materials. For example, latex foam beds have the longest lifespan, around 10 to 15 years. Meanwhile, memory foam and hybrid options can last from eight to ten years.
Mattresses in a box are good options to avoid the hassle of delivery. You can also benefit from durable materials and lengthy return policies. So what do you think about the boxed mattresses? If you need more information before buying, please comment below. Thank you for reading!
- Why are boxed mattresses so cheap?
These products are cheap because of the streamlined delivery process. Since there are no middlemen or physical stores, you can cut overhead costs.
- Can I immediately sleep on a mattress in a box?
Yes, you can. However, it would be best to wait until the foam expands fully and enjoy the comfort the foam offers. This process may need around 24 hours.
- What happens if you leave a bed in a box too long?
Manufacturers recommend unboxing the foam within a week. If you ignore it too long, the foam layers may get damaged and trap odors. Beside, it can't expand completely when you unbox it, affecting overall support and comfort.