Thuma is the top company with the motto “a love for lounge and leisure, an appreciation for thoughtful craftsmanship, and a few strongly-held beliefs. According to our team research, the Thuma Bed is simple to assemble, has a delicate and contemporary design.
Thuma also claims that their mattresses are easy-to-breathe and good at relieving pressure. Although it is marketed as the perfect component for the Thuma bed, there is no limitation to the fact that it may be the best mattress for you.
Who Is Thuma Mattress Best For?
- Stomach and back sleepers: With its firm level, Thuma will be of great assistance to back and stomach sleepers because they need a firm surface to reduce pressure points and align the spinal.
- Allergies/Sensitive sleepers: As the Thuma mattress is made from eco-friendly materials because it is made with materials that are non-toxic and sustainably produced.
- Tight budget: Thuma is sold at a relatively affordable price so it may be one of the ideal products for shoppers with tight budgets.
Read more: Best Mattress Without Box Spring
Who Is Thuma Mattress Not Recommended For?
- Side sleepers: The firmness of the Thuma mattress is not ideal for people who prefer side sleeping as the pressure-relieving effect is not what they need.
- Heavy sleepers: Thuma mattress is not the right choice for people whose weight over 250 pounds.
- Traditional spring feel: People who are looking for a bouncy bed with a lot of responsiveness may not find Thuma suitable for them as this kind of mattress completely comes from foam, so the bouncing effect may not be similar to those options with springs.
Thuma Mattress: Sizes And Prices
|Twin||38″ x 75″||68 lbs.||$695|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||76 lbs.||$795|
|Full||54″ x 75″||86 lbs.||$895|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||107 lbs.||$995|
|King||76″ x 80″||126 lbs.||$1,095|
|California King||72″ x 84″||129 lbs.||$1,095|
Thuma Hybrid Mattress
|Twin||38″ x 75″||68 lbs.||$1,295|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||76 lbs.||$1,395|
|Full||54″ x 75″||86 lbs.||$1,495|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||107 lbs.||$1,595|
|King||76″ x 80″||126 lbs.||$1,695|
|California King||72″ x 84″||129 lbs.||$1,695|
Thuma Mattress: Firm Level
The Thuma mattress has a medium-firm feel that is popular among a wide range of sleepers. It provides a base with sufficient cushioning to relieve pressure points.
- Contouring support: Organic latex comfort layer fits to the body, offering targeted support and gentle shaping to promote optimal spinal alignment.
- Responsive feel: The latex and memory foam comfort layers with a support base work together to provide a responsive feel that allows for effortless movement and adjustment while sleeping.
- Versatile choice: It has medium-firm level makes it appropriate for back, stomach, and combination sleepers who need a balance of support and cushioning.
Read more: Lytton Mattress Review
Thuma Mattress: Performance
According to some reviews, Thuma offers more high-quality sleep and rest through the following performances:
The Thuma mattress is good in providing exceptional motion isolation thanks to support layers from soft memory foam and base coils. If your partner tosses and turns during the night, you are less likely to feel the movement, it will ensure a peaceful and uninterrupted sleep.
The mattress uses a combination of memory foam, latex and base layers to help distribute your weight evenly across the surface. These layers help reduce pressure points, such as shoulders, hips, and lower back, allowing to create a comfortable and pain-free sleep experience.
The Thuma mattress has advanced cooling technology through natural latex and organic wool to promote airflow and prevent heat. This helps regulate your body temperature throughout the night, ensuring a cool and refreshing sleep environment.
The Thuma mattress offers reliable edge support. It features reinforced foam wrap along the edges, providing stability and preventing excessive drop when you sit or sleep near the edge. This ensures that you can make use of the total surface area of the mattress without experiencing a significant reduction in support, which will allow a consistent feeling across the entire bed.
One of the notable advantages of the Thuma is its minimal off-gassing. Upon unboxing, you may notice a slight odor from memory foam and natural latex, common with many new mattresses. However, the off-gassing from the Thuma Mattress is relatively light and will go away quickly in 24 to 72 hours.
Read more: Best 10-Inch Mattress: Reviews
Thuma Mattress: Construction
So, what exactly is the Thuma Mattress? It stands 10-inches tall and has 4 layers. Let’s go over them in more detail below.
- Cover: Constructed of low-waste TENCEL, spandex, and rayon. It also has a naturally flame-resistant wool blend layer.
- Comfort layer: 1-inch layer of Global Organic Latex Standard (GOTS) certified natural premium latex indicates it has met strict health and environmental standards.
- Transition layer: 3-inches of CertiPur-US polyurethane foam follows, with around 20% BioFoam — a foam manufactured from plant-based materials. This layer has no potentially hazardous substances or materials.
- Base layer: The final layer is 6-inches of more substantial poly foam with pocketed coil core This serves as the bed’s foundation and keeps it firm.
Thuma Mattress: Body Type And Weight Capacity
- Lightweight sleepers: Thuma mattress is designed to provide comprehensive support and comfort for sleepers have lightweight under 130 pounds. It offers a well-balanced soft surface for side, back, and stomach sleepers in this weight.
- Heavy sleepers: For people over 250 pounds, the medium-firm may not be the ideal choice for them. Instead, they should find a firmer choice for better references.
Thuma Mattress: Company Policy
- Warranty: 15-year warranty.
- Trial period: 100-night sleep trial.
- Shipping/Delivery fees: Free shipping for order of $95 or more.
Read more: Emma Mattress Review
In short, the above Thuma mattress review shows that it is a standout option in the mattress market. With our review about its performance in critical areas, such as motion isolation, pressure relief, temperature control, edge support, and minimal off-gassing, the Thuma mattress solidifies its position as a leading choice in the competitive mattress market.
- Does the Thuma mattress require a specific foundation or bed frame?
No, the Thuma mattress is compatible with any foundation and bed frame for your home; you could use whatever kinds of foundation you want for it; no need for a Thuma bed frame.
- How can I clean a Thuma mattress?
Spot clean regular stains as needed using a gentle solution of 1/3 detergent or dish soap and 2/3 water. To keep things fresh, we recommend using a mattress protector.
- Is there a need to flip the mattress?
No! Thuma mattress was meant never to need to be flipped.