Zoma Sleep, based in Phoenix, Arizona, is a relatively new company that focuses on producing sleep goods for athletes. The Zoma features a plush memory foam feel that you can burrow into for excellent pressure relief to help muscle recovery following an exercise. To that purpose, the comfort layer of the bed has zoning, or varied firmnesses across different portions of the surface, which helps spread body weight and relieve pressure spots.
Who Is Zoma Mattress Best For?
- Reduce pain: The Zoma mattress specializes in giving deep pressure relief, making it a good alternative for people with discomfort or pain in specific body regions. Whether you have back discomfort, joint pain, or muscular soreness, the Zoma mattress provides tailored support and treatment, allowing you to wake up refreshed and pain-free.
- Tigh budget: It blends high-quality materials, thoughtful design, and affordability to provide outstanding value for money. Furthermore, Zoma usually offers deals and discounts, making it an even more cost-effective option.
- Combination sleepers: The Zoma mattress features targeted recovery technology that help promotes quicker muscle recovery and refreshment.
Read more: Does Zoma Mattress Have Fiberglass?
Who Is Zoma Mattress Not Recommended For?
- Extra-firm mattress: The mattress offers a balanced level of support and comfort but may not provide the ultra-firm feel desired by some sleepers.
- Side sleepers: The foam layers in the Zoma mattress offer contouring and pressure relief, but it is not as bouncy as the other mattress.
- Stomach sleepers: While the mattress provides adequate comfort and pressure relief, those seeking a luxuriously soft sleep surface might want to explore other options.
Zoma Mattress: Sizes And Prices
Zoma Hybrid and Start Mattress
|Twin||39″ x 74″||$449|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||$449|
|Full||54″ x 75″||$549|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||$599|
|King||76″ x 80″||$699|
|California King||72″ x 84″||$699|
|Split King||36″ x 80″ (2pcs.)||$898|
Zoma Boost Mattress
|Twin||39″ x 74″||$1,199|
|Twin XL||38″ x 74″||$1,299|
|Full||54″ x 75″||$1,399|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||$1,599|
|King||76″ x 80″||$1,799|
|California King||72″ x 84″||$1,799|
|Split King||36″ x 80″ (2pcs.)||$2,598|
Zoma Mattress: Firmness Level
In this Zoma mattress review, firmness levels are ranked from 1 to 10, with one being the softest, ten being the firmest, and 6.5 being the medium-firm benchmark for a firm mattress.
The Zoma mattress is rated at 5.5/10. This mattress is soft compared to the industry of 6.5 for medium firmness.
Read more: Best RV Mattress Topper
Zoma Mattress: Performance
According to some prominent mattress reviews, Zoma delivers better sleep and rest by doing the following:
The Hybrid mattresses are perfect for absorbing motion, and the Zoma mattress has memory foam in its top layer. However, this memory foam layer is relatively thin, and a more resilient polyfoam layer follows it. As a result, the Zoma mattress allows slightly higher motion transfer than comparable memory foam mattresses, particularly when your partner gets in and out of bed.
The zoned comfort layer contributes significantly to the Zoma mattress’s pressure relief. The memory foam cushions the shoulders, preventing the formation of pressure points. At the same time, the firmer foam in the midsection supports the lumbar area and aids in the prevention of pressure buildup caused by poor spinal alignment.
This is typical of all-foam mattresses, whose firm design allows for little airflow. To allow heat to escape from the body, Zoma has included a breathable cover. The memory foam’s rigid channels also allow some heat to escape, particularly in the top and bottom thirds of the mattress.
However, an all-foam mattress can only do so much to maintain a neutral temperature. Hot sleepers may prefer a latex or hybrid mattress, or if neither is available, a foam mattress with a specific dedication to cooling technology such as phase change material.
Memory foam, engineered to conform to heat and pressure, typically compresses dramatically when pressure is applied around the edges. The ReactivTM layer is added by the fact that all foam mattresses lack the solid support provided by an innerspring base layer.
Most sleepers should be able to sleep near the mattress’s edge without experiencing roll-off. This is especially useful when sharing a bed with your partner because it allows full use of the mattress. Individuals under 130 pounds may sit comfortably on the bed’s edge.
The Zoma, like any other foam mattress, can give off a new mattress odor when first unboxed. This is a natural reaction to synthetic foams’ volatile organic compounds (VOCs). It is not hazardous and should only last 1-2 days. Allowing the mattress to air out in a well-ventilated area may speed up the process.
Read more: Best Mattress Without Fiberglass
Zoma Mattress: Construction
Next up is a quick look at the most favourite part of the Zoma mattress review – its structure:
- Airy cover: The Zoma cover is a breathable mesh-like AirCloth material that can help hot sleepers sleep a little cooler at night.
- Comfort layer: A layer of zoned FoamTM lies beneath the cover. This substance allows sleepers to sink in for targeted relief at the shoulders and hips. It’s a relatively thick part of the substance, which could be an appealing feature for side sleepers.
- Transition: Following that is a layer of the brand’s Reactiv FoamTM. This material, like poly foam, has a quick response to pressure, which should assist in minimizing some of the sinkages of the soft foam above it.
- Base layer: The mattress’s base is made up of a thick layer of high-density poly foam. This component primarily forms and stabilizes the entire construction, providing some underlying support to the bed.
Zoma Mattress: Body Type And Weight Capacity
- Side sleepers: It promotes appropriate spinal alignment in most side sleepers. Regarding body weight, side sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds benefit the most from the mattress’s medium feel. Those who weigh more than 230 pounds, on the other hand, may find the mattress too luxurious.
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers weighing less than 230 pounds should find the Zoma mattress comfortable. The polyfoam base provides a firm foundation to keep the spine straight, while firmer foam in the middle third of the mattress helps fill the lumbar area.
Because of its medium feel, the Zoma mattress may fail to maintain spinal alignment in back sleepers weighing more than 230 pounds. These sleepers place extra weight on the mattress and, as a result, require the additional support of an innerspring core. Despite the zoning in the Zoma mattress, these sleepers are prone to excessive hip sagging. This may result in lower back pain.
- Stomach sleepers: The light feel of the Zoma mattress is ideal for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds. The mattress should be firm enough for these people to encourage good spinal alignment while decreasing pressure points.
To minimize excessive drooping in the belly, stomach sleepers often require a firmer surface in the firmness range of 7 to 8 on the firmness scale. Although the Zoma mattress has harder foam in this part, it is not firm enough to support the hips, which may cause back and neck pain.
Zoma Mattress: Company Policy
- Warranty: 10-year warranty.
- Trial period: 100-night sleep trial
- Shipping/Delivery fees: Free shipping to the contiguous United States.
Read more: Restonic Mattress Review
In conclusion, through this Zoma mattress review, we can see that the Zoma mattress proves to be a top memory foam mattress brand in the market, offering a combination of comfort, support, and recovery features. It is an excellent choice for those who lead an active lifestyle, providing optimal support and promoting faster muscle recovery. Additionally, the Zoma mattress offers exceptional value for the price, making it an attractive option for value-conscious shoppers.
- How long does it take for a Zoma mattress to expand?
Allow 24 to 48 hours for your memory foam mattress to fully expand after receiving it.
- Is the Zoma mattress safe to use?
Yes. They are produced in an environmentally responsible manner that reduces VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Which mattress is better, the Zoma or the Casper?
Its depends! The Zoma is more suited to lightweight people looking to save money. At the same time, Casper is better suited to more prominent people and those who want additional support.