The memory foam used in Tempurpedic pillows is inherently resistant and hypoallergenic to germs and dust mites, unlike conventional pillows. However, this pillow and its cover might still hold sweat, odor, and dead skin cells. So, how to clean this pillow in the right way?
There are various different techniques to clean and remove any stains, spills, and smells from foams and coverings such as using baking soda, vinegar, vacuum, or cleaning the memory foam cushion with a towel and dampness, etc. We’re covering them in more detail in our post below!
What Do You Know About Tempurpedic Value?
A well-known mattress producer is Tempurpedic. The business unveiled its first mattress made of Tempur material in 1992. The capacity of Tempur material to conform to the body size or weight is what makes it special. Additionally, it can shape and even adjust to changes in body temperature. The company also produces a wide variety of sleeping aids.
By offering individualized support and encouraging greater alignment, a Tempurpedic pillow can help your head and neck are shaped to fit the pillow’s special material, which reduces pain and discomfort during sleep. The contoured pillow’s shape can also encourage improved posture, lessen tossing and turning, and raise your sleep’s general quality.
How To Clean A Tempurpedic Pillow?
Memory foam is a very delicate material and some cleaners have been known to damage it. This will make the pillow useless, so be sure to follow these tips carefully. Here are some ways to wash Tempurpedic pillows:
Take off the Tempurpedic covers to start working on the foam. They may be washed in the washer using a mild detergent and a gentle cycle. The Tempurpedic cushion may be cleaned primarily by submerging it in lukewarm water based on the old or fresh stains.
For fresh stains
You should be blotted with a dry, fresh cloth or paper towel. Avoid washing with dark-colored clothing to stop any color from seeping into the pillow. For free stain removal, use lifting motions. Do not wipe them away; it will not work! Additionally, you risk spreading unsightly stains all over the cushion.
After that, blot off any excess water from the cushion and check whether your recent stains have been cleaned. If stains are older, they have to be cleaned in different ways.
For old stains
To make a stain removal solution, combine lukewarm water and a mild detergent. Use warm water instead of hot water while washing the Tempurpedic pillow since it can make stains more difficult to remove.
- Saturate a white, spotless cloth with the solution, then wring it out.
- Beginning at the dirt spot’s edge, gently massage towards the stain’s center in a clockwise direction, then back in the opposite direction.
- Continue until all spots are gone.
- Use a clean cloth and lukewarm water; squeeze away the excess water.
- Wipe away any soap residue by dabbing the previously discolored area.
- Allow your Tempurpedic cushion to air dry completely.
- Fill a tub or big sink with cool water to remove stubborn stains.
- Combine a little bit of mild detergent with water.
- Gently squeeze the Tempur-Pedic foam and immerse the cushion.
- The cold, soapy water will soak up the material of the pillows.
- It won’t harm the memory foam and will aid in gently removing stains.
Be careful not to wring out your memory foam cushion. It could even be worse than washing it in a machine. Drain the sink or bathtub once the stain has been gone. Fill it back up with fresh, cold water. When the water is clear, gently push the cushion while submerging it.
Once the cloth has absorbed most of the water, press the pillows from outside the running water and lay a dry towel on top of the damp towel, after removing the cushion, allow the cushion to air dry before using.
Yes, it can! These Tempur Pedic pillow washing instructions help clean your Tempurpedic pillows of stains, smells, and germs.
- To make a cleaning solution, combine equal quantities of white purified vinegar and water in a small basin.
- Fill a spray bottle with this vinegar mixture.
- Spray the remedy straight onto your Tempurpedic cushion and let it a few minutes to soak.
- Blot the vinegar-water mixture off of your pillow with a clean, dry white towel until it feels fully dry.
Pros And Cons Of A Tempurpedic Pillow
We provide you with some benefits and drawbacks of a Tempurpedic pillow to understand clearly.
Let’s look at the general advantages and drawbacks of these pillows. The good news is:
- Resistance against dust mites and allergens, 5-year guarantee,
- After each use, Tempurpedic material resumes its original form (so-called memory foam),
- Its pillow-like Tempurpedic coverings are detachable and simple to clean in case of any unintentional spills; it is sturdy, long-lasting, and lowers tension on the head, neck, shoulders, and back; its ergonomic design offers alignment and support.
However, there are a few drawbacks as well:
- It has a little chemical smell that most memory foam pillows and coverings share;
- Choosing between the various heights and profiles can be challenging; view the chart before purchasing.
Deodorize Tempurpedic Pillows
Sprinkle baking soda on the pillow’s surface to eliminate the foul smell. After that, vacuum the Tempur-Pedic to eliminate any smells permanently. Don’t forget to air dry in the open air after spraying. There are only a few easy stages in the “baking soda” procedure:
- Remove the pillow’s protective cover.
- Cover one side of the pillows with baking soda.
- Allow it to sit for a minimum of one to two hours so that it may dry naturally and be exposed to sunshine.
- Vacuum the pillow’s surface with the upholstery tool to eliminate the baking soda.
- Turn the cushion over and repeat the baking soda spray, vacuum, and allow it to dry air.
How to clean a Tempurpedic pillow? Remember that a Tempurpedic pillow should never be handled like a regular cushion. It must be handled carefully because it is constructed of a fragile form of memory foam. The above straightforward cleaning and deodorizing advice should help you enjoy your Tempurpedic cushion for many years.
How To Wash Cool Gel Pillow?
You can wash your gel pillow by hand. It’s best not to put the whole thing in a washer. Vacuum away the dust and use baking soda to eliminate an odor. If you find stains, clean them with soap or water before scrubbing lightly so as not to damage any surfaces.
How To Dry A Wet Memory Foam Pillow?
When you’re done with your wash, air dry the pillow on a flat surface away from direct heat and sunlight. Don’t use a clothes dryer because it can cause damage to both foam and fabric over time! For faster drying times, try using one of those portable fans.
How is a Tempur-Pedic pillow broken in?
The TEMPUR material’s cell structure is not completely open when the cushion is new. Your body heat and weight will help to open those cells when you sit on the pillow, causing it to soften more quickly.