Many parents often struggle with knowing how to clean Pack n Play mattress. Cleaning it is important for ensuring the safety and well-being of your children. This article will provide effective methods for sanitizing Pack n Play mattresses. Let’s dive in.
How To Clean Pack N Play Mattress?
In this guide, we will recommend 3 effective methods for keeping the Pack n Play clean. Read on to know more.
Here are 4 steps for spot cleaning your Pack n Play mattress:
- Step 1: Prepare two bowls: One containing warm water mixed with soap and another with warm water.
- Step 2: Use the first rag to get the surface cleaned, using warm soapy water.
- Step 3: Use another rag dipped in water to remove the soap.
- Step 4: Use the third rag to dry the mattress. Then you can place it in direct sunlight.
Scrubbing your mattress
While regular cleaning is important for maintaining a clean Pack n Play mat. If your mattress has some stains or stubborn messes, gently scrubbing can make it work.
Follow these 5 steps to scrub your mat:
- Step 1: Remove the Pack n Play mat and put it aside.
- Step 2: Prepare hot water and pour ½ a cup of baby-safe laundry detergent into the bucket. Besides, you need to have a soft-bristled brush to scrub the mattress.
- Step 3: Place the brush into the bucket and scrub the whole mattress.
- Step 4: After scrubbing, use a clean rag to wipe the soap and water off your mat.
- Step 5: Place your mattress in a sunny spot, and leave it to dry completely.
If you haven’t cleaned the mat in a long time or if it is particularly dirty, having a deep clean may be necessary. However, it is essential to note that deep cleaning is recommended in the instruction manual every 6 months. After deep cleaning, make sure to check that all the moving parts and locking mechanisms are functioning properly.
Follow this step-by-step guide for deep cleaning:
- Step 1: Remove and fold the mattress
- Step 2: Prepare a bathtub with warm water. Mix water with ½ a cup of baby-safe laundry detergent, ¼ a cup of vinegar, and ¼ a cup of baking soda.
- Step 3: Place the mattress in the water and let it soak for 1 hour. Bear in mind that never submerge the mat as it can damage it.
- Step 4: Remove the mattress after 1 hour. Wash it with water and a rag, then dry it with a towel.
- Step 5: Place the mattress in a sunny spot to dry thoroughly.
What Are Do And Do Not Things In Cleaning Pack N Play Mattress?
|– Always sanitize your mat with a clean rag, cloth, and towel|
– Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before cleaning
– Use a gentle, mild detergent to wash the mat
– Dry the mat under a sunny spot before placing it in the Pack and Play
|– Never submerge the mat in water as it can lose its shape|
– Never use washing machine to clean the mat
– Never use bleach to eliminate stains from the mattress
– Never use a hard brush if you don’t want to break the mess off
Why Is It Important To Keep Your Pack And Play Mattress Clean?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, all things your baby interacts with on a daily basis should be sanitized regularly.
It is crucial as mold can build up over time, cleaning mats can kill any germs that may harm your children. If they mainly sleep on a Pack n Play mattress, make sure the mat is clean day and night. In short, cleaning your mattress is a must.
If Pack n Play mattresses are unhygienic, this may pose health risks to your kids. You can follow our guide on how to clean this type of mattress to ensure a germ-free and healthy space for your baby to sleep soundly.
- What is the best way to clean Pack n Play mattress?
The best and safest way to clean a Pack n Play mattress is spot cleaning. Never submerge the mat in water and be mindful not to get it too wet when it comes to spot cleaning.
- Can I put a pack N Play mat in the washer?
It is not recommended to do so. The reason is that most Pack and Play mats have a cardboard mat inside. If you place the mat in the washer, it can lead to the cardboard to lose its shape. Then, this makes it completely useless. Instead, gently clean it with a cloth and rag and put it under the sun to dry.
- What should I do if the Pack N Play mattress is still stained or smelly after cleaning?
If you have already followed the steps mentioned above, but fail to get rid of stains and smells out of the mat, consider repeating the process a second time. Besides, leave the mattress to dry under the sun between cleanings to avoid over-saturation.